: 9th July 2010
Rakhi is a festival that celebrates a brother sister relationship. Raksha
Bandhan, the day stands for the unconditional love and affection shared
between siblings. The ritual of gifting is an indispensable part of the
celebrations on Rakhi day. Thus, selecting gifts on Rakshabandhan for
sisters or brothers becomes an incredibly important task. Here are some
pointers to be kept in mind while choosing Rakhi gifts.
- Consider well the style and preferences of your brother and/or
sister. This will ensure that one does not go wrong in the choice of
- Ask yourself, is there something which your love done has been
planning to buy for a long time? If there is then this gift idea should
be the priority in your shopping list this Rakhi.
- Rakhi gifts are a reflection of ones feelings for their loved ones.
So, make sure that the gift has this quality of expression.
- Gifts that are thoughtfully done or bought are priceless. This factor
is more important than the price tag of your gift.
- Before arranging for the gift, try to think from the recipients end.
What will he/she love and also what value does your gift hold for them?
- Be creative and innovative and do not repeat previous year's Rakhi
gift idea even if it was a huge success.
- The gift should conform to the personality type of your sibling. A
mismatched gift idea would spoil the feel of the occasion.
- A surprise is almost a sure shot way of pleasing your loved ones.
But, if you are not so sure about the kind of Rakhi gift that will work,
it is better to consult your sibling than go wrong with the present.
- Avoid going in for common ideas when it comes to gifting. It is
advisable to go in for personalised gifts or Rakhi gifts that are a true
representation of the recipient.
- Last but most important tip of all, last minute gift shopping is a
very bad idea. It is advisable to be done with the selection of gifts
well in advance.
Copyright © Society for the Confluence
of Festivals in India (SCFI). All Rights Reserved